Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm Off




I'm off tomorrow--not to see the wizard --that will happen in NYC at the pastel workshop--but to the Toronto area. I'm attending a Taoist Arts workshop at the International Taoist Tai Chi Center returning on Sept 9. Then on the 13th, it is off again. This time to see the wizard (Michael Newberry) and participate in the pastel workshop in Central Park.


The Canadian workshop is a combination of tai chi and other Taoist arts--meditation and chanting followed by an opportunity to take part in the dedication of a new Taoist Temple. I have practiced tai chi for nine years and it is right up there with my family and my art in terms of giving meaning to my life.


In the meantime, I'm posting this charcoal. Ive thought of drawing this plant many times, attracted by the curves of the pot and the trellis. Then, because of work being done on the exterior of my condo building, it ended up in my living room. I couldn't resist.


It is 12" x 22" on Rives BFK

1 Comments:

At September 3, 2007 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Mary said...

Sue so I guess you are off by now, wish I had seen this when you posted it to wish you luck. I'm looking forward to meeting you when we meet the wizard.:)

I love your charcoal!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home