Monday, July 9, 2007

Drawing Studios






I attend two open life drawing studios a week---when I'm in the flow and I am in the flow since returning from my trip. The first drawing, in charcoal, was done in about two hours with the model keeping the same pose throughout the studio session. The model, Nancy, is a favorite. I usually get good pictures with her. I will continue to work this drawing and post it again later.

The second drawing was done in two 20 minute sessions. I liked the quiet serenty of the pose and feel the drawing conveys this. It is on 80 lb pastel paper with conte pencils. I wont work it again. It feels done to me.












.

4 Comments:

At July 15, 2007 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Mary said...

The minimalisim in this is very beautiful!

 
At July 15, 2007 at 10:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful beginning on your figure studies. I too have been attending a figure workshop, but I have yet to see a 2 hr pose. I think I am going to the wrong one. Mine seem more for action figures. Quick capture the gesture...
I think you will enjoy this blog once you begin to post regularly.

 
At July 17, 2007 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Sue Johnson said...

Thank you Mary. The figure has always been my favorite subject.

 
At July 17, 2007 at 6:17 AM , Blogger Sue Johnson said...

Robin, The figure workshops started doing a long pose the first week of the month. The Saturday one even continutes into the after for another 2 1/2 hrs. This figure was done at the Thursday night studio. More and more Im not satisfied with 20 minute poses and so have started occasionally hiring a model on my own.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home